So here are some quick and easy instructions for making the blocks.
You will need:
Four 5'' Squares
Four contrasting 23/4'' squares
Ten 23/4'' white squares
One 23/4'' x 71/4'' white strip
- Draw a diagonal line from one corner to the opposite corner on 8 of the white squares.
- Place one the top left corner and bottom right corner of each of you 5'' squares.
- Stitch along each line
- Press open
- Sew the remaining two 23/4'' white squares to the contrasting 23/4'' squares and press open
- Sew the last two contrasting 23/4'' squares to the white strip.
- Join the blocks in three rows
- Join the three rows together and press.
- And there you have it a block.
- Unfinished size is 11 3/4 (finished 11 1/4)