Sunday 21 September 2014

Learning to Quilt on a long-arm.



Well since getting back from holiday I have been determined to finish some projects.
However, my first job was to learn how to use Sue's long-arm machine so that when she is away next month and I am looking after Lizzie her daughter I can quilt some of my projects myself.
I must say Sue has been very patient and my first project went very smoothly (more of that in a later blog).  My second project was a little more troublesome as the machine developed a mind of its own.  Still that's how you learn!


I have quilted my cheerio quilt with a pretty dragonfly pattern.




Photo




The quilt blocks were all made by the lovely girls from a sewing bee I belong to called 'Siblings Together Quilting Bee'  https://www.flickr.com/groups/stqb/ .
The aim is to make quilts for a very special charity called Siblings together. http://siblingstogether.co.uk/




Photo


The pattern was from Camille Roskelley (one of my heroes!) She published 'Cheerio' in 'Love Patchwork and Quilting' magazine and it was perfect for this project as everyone could use whatever fabric in any colour for their blocks. I am very pleased with the final result, looks good!


Photo







1 comment:

  1. Your quilting is brilliant and what a treat to be able to use Sue's long arm machine :)

    ReplyDelete